Bouldering in Santa Barbara
(Photos and area notes submitted by Dan Adams, Customer Service Representative at Real Cheap Sports.)
“A lot of fun sandstone bouldering on the ridge to the north of Santa Barbara. Some classic lines, some friable rock, and lots of undiscoverd boulder problems..” Rockclimbing.com
LIZARD’S MOUTH BOULDER PROBLEMS: Click Here
Dan’s Notes about Lizard’s Mouth:
1. Lizard’s Mouth is more beginner-friendly than the Brickyard.
2. Great views of the ocean and islands.
3. The actual Lizard’s Mouth is a very aesthetic formation.
4. Great area to go on a day hike and explore.
5. Lizard’s Mouth sees more people come through than Brickyard.
DIRECTIONS: (from Santa Barbara) “From the South take 101 North to the 154, San Marcos Pass, in Santa Barbara. Near the top of the pass make a left on West Camino Cielo. Follow WCC for a few mile to the graffiti in the road, park here, then walk south, towards the ocean. From the North, take the 101 South to the 154, Lake Cachuma exit at Los Olivos. Follow the 154 up and over the San Marcos Pass. Right after cresting the pass, make a right on West Camino Cielo. The boulders start right off the road, and increas in density as you walk south. When you come out of the brush, the ‘lizards mouth’ will be a prow on your right. Look around there are problems everywhere..” Rockclimbing.com